Open Water Diver
The PADI Open Water Diver/Jr. Open Water Diver is your entry course into what we believe will be your lifelong passion for scuba diving. The course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (online, home study, in a classroom, or a combination of all 3) to understand basic principles of scuba diving.
- Confined water dives in a pool to learn basic scuba skills.
- 4 Open Water Dives to review your skills and explore!
The Fun Part
The fun part about this course is . . . well, just about all of it because learning to dive is incredible. You breathe underwater for the first time (something you’ll never forget) and learn what you need to know to become a certified diver. During the course, you’ll make at least five pool dives and four dives at local dive sites under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.
To enroll in the PADI Open Diver course or Junior Open Water Diver course, you must:
- Be 10 years or older (PADI eLearning requires a minimum age of 13 years due to international internet laws).
- Be physically fit and have no disqualifying medical conditions.
Need Some Inspiration?